Lets us do the heavy lifting.
With El Portal Imaging, you can feel confident about the quality of care you receive here. We are committed to working closely with you to ensure continuity of your pre- and post-procedural care. Our radiologists are board-certified and highly skilled in a multitude of medical imaging modalities, and we’re committed to providing the excellent diagnostic imaging care that you have come to expect.
From high field Open MRI, to an advanced hybrid CT/PET scanner, to 4-D sonography, El Portal Imaging provides you with access to advanced diagnostic tools in our growing community – allowing you access to a wide variety of services without having to leave town.
If you would like to save some time prior to your appointment you can download and fill out new patient forms.
Please bring them with you to your appointment. Please be sure to bring any insurance cards and your personal identification as well.
When you are scheduling or confirming your exam, please alert us if you have diabetes or if you have any special medical concerns or conditions.
Hours of Operation
Appointments for most of our procedures are available on weekdays from 8:00 am to 5:30 pm, with extended hours for MRI (7:00 am to 6:00 pm) and Digital Mammography (8:00 am to 5:30 pm). Please call (209) 384-4250 for modality specific hours of operation.
Specialized instructions for Procedures
We have provided a general overview of many of our procedures below so that you have an idea of what to expect.
Your individual circumstances may require slightly different preparation, so please pay close attention and take good notes when your Patient Services Representative provides the preparation instructions when your appointment is confirmed by phone.
Computerized Axial tomography (CAT OR CT)
For abdominal or pelvic exams you should eat nothing for at least three (3) hours prior to your exam. Please drink four (4) eight ounce glasses of water before the exam. You may be asked to change into a patient gown for your exam.
Please download and complete the CT Exam Questionnaire or (Cuestionario De Examen CT) prior to your exam in order to expedite the procedure.
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
Please do not eat for at least three (3) hours prior to your exam and please do drink four (4) eight ounce glasses of water prior to the exam. It is important to remove all jewelry. You may be asked to change into a patient gown for your exam.
Please download and complete the MRI Exam Questionnaire or (Cuestionario De Examen Resonancia Magnetica) prior to your exam in order to expedite the procedure.
Please download and reveiw the Prepration for Nuclear Medicine Scans document prior to your procedure.
Positron Emission Tomography (PET) Scan
- For 24 hours BEFORE the exam follow a low sugar, high protein diet. Do not consume anything that has processed or natural sugars.
- Diabetic Patients: Follow the diet below. Eat 4 hours prior to your appointment time and take all your diabetic medications. Drink 3 to 4 glasses of water in the 4 hours prior to your appointment.
- Foods to Avoid:
- Processed sugar such as cake, pie, cookies, candy, jam/jelly, syrup of any kind, regular soda, etc.
- Any fruit or fruit juices including canned, fresh or dried.
- Bread, tortilla of any kind, pasta, cereal, milk, and cured meats such as bacon, sausage, ham and any pre-packaged deli/lunch meat.
- No alcohol of any kind.
- Foods You Can Eat:
- Meats such as beef, chicken, and fish.
- Vegetables except for peas, carrots, corn and beets.
- Rice, potatoes, hard cheeses, cottage cheese and eggs.
- Drinks that are sweetened with artificial sweeteners (NutraSweet, Splenda, Equal, etc), black coffee or tea.
- 2. No strenuous exercise 24 hours prior to your exam.
- Please dress warmly and wear comfortable clothes.Please refrain from wearing items containing metal such as jeans, jewelry, belt buckles, underwire bras, etc.
- 4. Plan on being in our office for approximately 2 to 2 ½ hours. Please do not bring any children under the age of 18 or pregnant women with you to your appointment.
- 5. Patients who are pregnant or breastfeeding should not undergo PET imaging. If there is any possibility of pregnancy, you should have a pregnancy test prior to scheduling your PET scan. Please notify us when scheduling your appointment if you are pregnant or there is a chance you are pregnant.
THIS SCAN IS A NUCLEAR MEDICINE SCAN. THE IMAGING AGENT IS A RADIOACTIVE ISOTOPE THAT IS INJECTED INTO YOUR VEIN. THERE IS NO SIDE EFFECT FROM THE INJECTION.
AS A PRECAUTION TO ANY PREGNANT WOMEN AND CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 17, PLEASE KEEP A DISTANCE OF 6 FEET OR MORE FOR 10 HOURS FOLLOWING YOUR SCAN.
Should you have any questions, please call (209)384-4250.
For OB, Pelvic, and Renal (kidney) exams, please finish drinking 32 oz of water 1 hour prior to your exam. Your exam requires imaging being performed with a full bladder. For Abdominal exams, Nothing to eat or drink 6-8 hours prior to your exam. You may take your medications with small amounts of water. If you need to bring children to your exam, they must be watched by a responsible adult during your exam.OB Ultrasound Family/Friends Exam Policy
You should wear comfortable clothing and minimal jewelry as you may be asked to remove jewelry for the exam. You may be asked to change into a patient gown for your exam.